Wow I knew that Google was amazing to begin with, but I never really put that much thought into it. It's amazing to me that the company was started in someones garage as an idea. I don't think the two guys that started Google ever imagined that it would be what it is today. The computer advancements and everything that you can do with Google truly amazes me. It really seems like there are almost no limits in this new world of Google. I can remember the first time I ever tried Google and again it has sure come a long way in a short amount of time.
The video we had to watch for Module 3 was interesting. It was also very fast. I had to watch the video several times to really catch all that was being written. I gathered that writing or text is no longer linear or confined to a sheet of paper, it is entirely global and connects thousands of people to each other. We can live and learn from each other through the ability to click on a button, ask a question, text a friend or even go further with video connections. I've always wondered myself where is all the information stored that makes up the Internet. This video in a way answered that question when it said we are the web. And in a way I think the web is becoming who we are. This makes me worry because I've learned that nothing lasts forever. And what will our kids do in the future when they no longer know how to pick up a phone book or have a real conversation with a real human being, just a thought.
I especially liked reading about how to maximize Google as a teacher and to use it in my classroom. Again it is neat that you can find about anything anywhere and that Google has programs designed specifically for your needs. For example spelling programs/spell check. I laughed when it mentioned that there was no need for a library when you have a cybrary. I like that the students can use Google for online research when UEN has its limits. It is amazing that you can get photos of just about anything. And practically travel the world without ever leaving your home.The video we had to watch for Module 3 was interesting. It was also very fast. I had to watch the video several times to really catch all that was being written. I gathered that writing or text is no longer linear or confined to a sheet of paper, it is entirely global and connects thousands of people to each other. We can live and learn from each other through the ability to click on a button, ask a question, text a friend or even go further with video connections. I've always wondered myself where is all the information stored that makes up the Internet. This video in a way answered that question when it said we are the web. And in a way I think the web is becoming who we are. This makes me worry because I've learned that nothing lasts forever. And what will our kids do in the future when they no longer know how to pick up a phone book or have a real conversation with a real human being, just a thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment