Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reflection # 1


Weekly reflection #1


The week has been a little overwhelming for me. I got a little behind by transferring in from a different class. The topics are all very new but very interesting to me. I have been working in the woods shop at a high school in Murray. Yes the very same that David Archaleta was from. And yes I thought him all that he knows, just kidding. Working in the woods shop we haven’t really integrated a whole lot of the technology that you would use in other classes. So I have to admit that it has seemed a little overwhelming to me to find out that as a teacher I will have to stay on top of all the newest trends and advancements in technology so that I can better teach my students.


I am aware that as a teacher technology makes my job easier like grading and roll taking. But the idea of getting the students involved by podcasting, texting, on line class sights and group activities are some things that are new to me but very exciting. I am a little afraid and feel a little intimidated by being required to learn so much about computers in general. But it also is something that I have been looking forward to.


I can’t help but think of all the cool stuff we could do. For example making music videos about Course related subjects would be a blast and hilariously funny. I hope to be a good teacher and who doesn’t. I also want to be a very fun teacher and to me using new technology and multimedia is going to help me hopefully learn how to speak to the kids in there own language. Which can for some be the only language that they speak. Hopefully learning can become fun again and they can learn more about what they want and need to survive in the ever so present future.


The video seemed to be hopeful for the future on how computers will become smaller and easier to use and on how they will save time for family and other things. Teens love to have the mobility of taking their songs and movies with them wherever they go. I guess I'm just old fashioned. And I see only more headaches, and I can’t help but wonder that teens today have all this technology and seem to be getting lazier and lazier. And I wonder if it’s good. I think technology is good but our human nature gets the best of us and we get lazy. If we can use technology in a good way then I think that the future is looking better and better.




No comments:

Post a Comment